A question we get a lot for our bachelor and bachelorette parties! The comfort and luxury of a hotel or resort, or the independence and communal space of a house rental? Which is best for your group? We've broken down the pros and cons of both accommodations to help you decide!
- Hotels can be more affordable for a small group versus a large group.
- Cleaning service, duh! No dishes or bed making!
- Hotel amenities on location - pool, spa, concierge, etc. Can be great activities for your group without going very far.
- Room service...
- Sometimes more options for hotels are available in major cities.
- Hotels can be very pricey for large groups depending on the number of rooms you need.
- Booking multiple rooms splits your group up instead of having communal space (unless you are able to upgrade to suites!). You'll have to squeeze in, or find another location for some downtime.
- Hotels can be very expensive in major cities, especially during certain times of year.
- Lack of city authenticity - staying in a chain hotel can feel the same anywhere.
House Rental Pros
- House rentals provide communal space for hanging out, which is especially great for large groups!
- Space to prepare your own meals or have more extravagant meals catered in.
- Room to setup a bubbly bar, Bloody Mary bar, etc!
- More ability to select the amenities you're looking for.
- Generally, there is a large selection of unique houses/apartments and a larger variety of spaces.
- House rentals are available in smaller cities and more remote areas.
- More space for decorating!
- Often more bathroom space, and groups can get ready together!
- Generally, house rentals are a more affordable option depending on city and time of year. Owners are sometimes willing to negotiate price.
House Rental Cons
- Sometimes better houses are located further from downtown areas.
- No cleaning service during your stay.
- Less amenities are available on site - no concierge or manager if something goes wrong.
- Checking in and out can sometimes be more of a hassle than a hotel.
Since we primarily work with larger groups on our bachelor and bachelorette parties, we tend to lean towards suggesting house rentals. We love the ability to schedule meal and grocery deliveries, encourage downtime in the morning to catch up with friends and send lots of decor for Instagram worthy photos!
Any other hotel or house rental pros and cons you can think of? Let us know below!